April 2019, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 33-37.
Design of CPW fed Antenna for WI-MAX Applications
M. Arunraj¹, P. Rajesh¹, D. Deepa¹, S. Ashok Kumar²
¹Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Adithya Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, India.
²Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Jyothishmathi Institute of Technology, Telungana, India.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here, compact CPW fed shaped antenna is proposed for WI-MAX applications. The proposed antenna is designed on 23.5x28.5mm with Flame Retardant (FR4) substrate contains tan∂=0.02, dielectric constant of 2.4 and thickness 1.6 mm. The antenna works at a resonance frequency of 5.5 GHz and designed using IE3D software. The simulation result shows the return loss, VSWR, radiation pattern, efficiency; gain and impedance are well suited for Wi-MAX applications
Keywords: Coplanar waveguide; Flame retardant 4; Worldwide interoperability for microwave access; Voltage standing wave ratio.
- Guainella E. Borcoei E, Katz M, Neves P, Curado M, Andreotti F, Angori E. WIMAX technology support for applications in environmental monitoring, fire prevention and telemedicine. IEEE Mobile WIMAX Symposium. Orlando, FL, USA. 2007. DOI: 10.1109/WIMAX.2007.348690
- Zhou L, Jiao YC, Qi Y, Weng Z, Ni T. Wideband ceiling mount omnidirectional antenna for indoor distributed antenna system applications. Electron Lett 2014;50:253-5.
- Liao W, Chang S, Yeh J, Hsiao B. Compact dual band WLAN diversity antennas on USB dongle platform. IEEE Trans Antennas Propag 2014;62:109-18.
- Samsuzzaman M, Islam T, Abdul Rahman NH, Faruque MRI, Mandeep JS. Compact Modified Swastika Shape Patch Antenna for WLAN/WiMAX Applications. International Journal of Antennas and Propagation 2014;2014:Article ID 825697.
- Zhao Q, Gong SX, Jiang W, Yang B, Xie J. Compact Wide-Slot Tri-Band Antenna for WLAN/WiMAX Applications. Progress in Electromagnetics Research Letters 2010;18:9-18.
- Ashok Kumar S, Shanmuganantham T. Design and analysis of implantable CPW fed bowtie antenna for ISM band applications. International Journal of Electronics and Communication 2014;68:158-65.
- Fan ST, Yin YZ, Li H, Wei SJ, Li XH, Kang L. A novel tri-band printed monopole antenna with an etched ∩-shaped slot and a parasitic ring resonator for WLAN and WiMAX applications. Progress in Electromagnetic Research Letters 2010;16:61-8.
- Kumar V, Khosla A. Analysis of WiMAX scheduler in fixed and mobile WiMAX CBR networks. Annual IEEE India Conference. Hyderabad, India. 2014. pp. 1-4. DOI: 10.1109/INDCON.2011.6139499
- Saikia P, Basu B. CPW fed frequency reconfigurable dual band antenna using PIN diode, Second International Conference on Electronics, Communication and Aerospace Technology. 2018. Pp. 1485-8.
- Yucel G, Ulgerli B, Ozen A. An analyses of the CFO tracking performances in single and Multi Carrier WIMAX radio Signal Processing and Communication Application Conference (SIU). Zonguldak, Turkey. 2016; pp. 1384-7.
International Journal of Industrial Engineering