International Journal of Industrial Engineering
April 2019, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 38-41.
Design and Development of Manual Textile Chemical Mixing and Processing Machine
Leather Engineering Department, Ethiopian Institute of Textile and Fashion Technology (EiTEX), Bahir Dar University, Bahir Dar, Ethiopia.
*Corresponding author’s e-mail: email@example.com
The interest in producing textile and textile related product has increased significantly in the last few years. The abundance in nature combined with the ease of Textile chemical processing was an attractive feature, which makes it an important income for the development of a given country. In Ethiopia there is large number of small scale woven and knitted fabric producers. During wet processing and chemical finishing of fabrics, they mix chemicals by using stick. This method will not give uniformly mixed chemical solution, it causes shade variation on treated material and it is time consuming. Now a day there is different automatic wet processing and chemical finishing machines. To but it is expensive. Author designed and developed manual textile chemical mixing and processing machine. The machine can be driven by using hand. The machine has a barrel with mixer. The mixer can be fixed and removed easily during Textile chemical processing.
Keywords: Wet processing; Finishing; Textile; Chemical mixer; Small scale enterprise.
- Kocabas AM, Yukseler H, Dilek FB, Yetis U. Adoption of European Union's IPPC Directive to a textile mill: Analysis of water and energy consumption. 2009.
- Ozturk E, Koseoglu H, Karaboyaci M, Yigit NO, Yetis U, Kitis M. Minimization of water and chemical use in a cotton/polyester fabric dyeing textile mill. J Clean Prod 2016;130:92-102. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2016.01.080.
- World Trade Organization (WTO). Annual Reports and Statistical Data. 2007.
- Souza AAU, Melo AR, Pessoa FLP, Souza SMAGU. The modified water source diagram method applied to reuse of textile industry continuous washing water. Resource Conserv Recycl 2010;54:1405-11.
- Kocabas AM, Yukseler H, Dilek FB, Yetis U. Adoption of European Union's IPPC Directive to a textile mill: Analysis of water and energy consumption. J Environ Manag 2009;91:102-13.
- Ozturk E, Yetis U, Dilek FB, Demirer GN. A chemical substitution study for a wet processing textile mill in Turkey. J Clean Prod 2009;17:239-47.
- Alkaya E, Böğürcü M, Ulutaş F, Demirer GN. Cleaner (Sustainable) Production in Textile Wet Processing Cleaner Production: A Training Resource Package, Industry and Environment. UNEP. 1996.
- Bhagwat RS. Handbook of Textile Processing Machinery. Color publications, 1983.
- Vidyasagar PV. Handbook of Textiles. Mittal Publication, New Delhi. 2016.
- Trotman ER. Dyeing and chemical technology of textile fibers. Charles griffin and Company Limited. 1984.
- Hall AJ. The Standard Handbook of Textiles. Woodhead Published Limited. 2004
- Hall AJ. A Handbook of Textile Finishing. The National Trade Press Limited. London. 1957.